Some of my apps won't connect to the internet

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a connection, but some of my apps suddenly stopped working, claiming that there is no internet connection. I've seen similar questions posted but no clear solutions.

Note: my date accurate and I have had recent updates.

Micheal_D

Jan 18, 2022
Visit site
It's a galaxy s20. I'm not able to test with wifi, but I was using the hotspot if that matters. My laptop connection now reads "connected, no internet, secured". I am not using a VPN. I'm posting this from the phone so parts of the connection are fine but there are apps that won't work.

I turned off Bluetooth, hotspot and mobile data, then turned on airplane mode and a few seconds before restarting the phone. When it finished restarting I turned airplane mode back off and turned everything else back on and it works fine now. Not exactly sure what did it but only restarting it without changing the connections did not work.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So to clarify -- the problem happened on the phone while its hotspot was turned on and your computer was actively using it? Can you try doing that again and seeing if it happens again? If so, see if the problem persists after disconnecting the computer from the hotspot, or after turning hotspot off.