Galaxy black sceen of death?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi all, i woke up this motning and my galaxy s7 was unresponsive apart from the notification light flashing blue. I was in work so couldnt try the usual button combos, after work the light had stopped flashing and when i got home i put the phone on charge however theres no charging icon and no lights showing at all. Is it likely the phone is just now dead?

Rob32gtst

Jan 19, 2022
Visit site
Ive registered now so i can reply! I plan to bring it to a repair centre as a last resort but i wanted to ask what, if any, things i could try first! I find it kind of unlikely that the phone would be working totally fine last night and then suddenly be completely broken this morning. Especially with the known black screen of death with blinking blue light it initially had

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ive registered now so i can reply! I plan to bring it to a repair centre as a last resort but i wanted to ask what, if any, things i could try first! I find it kind of unlikely that the phone would be working totally fine last night and then suddenly be completely broken this morning. Especially with the known black screen of death with blinking blue light it initially had
Welcome to AC!
Considering the s7 is old device can be battery especially orginal or hardware

Rob32gtst

Jan 19, 2022
Visit site
Thank you! It is an old device yes but with the notification light still working most of the day wouldnt that indicate its not a hardware issue? There was no battery issue either, meaning, it would hold charge fine, would charge without issue or overheating and didnt appear to have any significant battery deterioration that would indicate sudden failure was likely, again with the notification light working would that be possible if the battery had failed?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you! It is an old device yes but with the notification light still working most of the day wouldnt that indicate its not a hardware issue? There was no battery issue either, meaning, it would hold charge fine, would charge without issue or overheating and didnt appear to have any significant battery deterioration that would indicate sudden failure was likely, again with the notification light working would that be possible if the battery had failed?
Can you get into safe mode, recovery mode?

Rob32gtst

Jan 19, 2022
Visit site
I dont know as im not 100% sure of the button combos so havent actually tried any! Ive also just noticed ive not included in my OP that i was also looking for the various button combos to try them