First of all I want to be clear that I am not tech savy as they would say and my phone was rooted by a friend. I am sorry if somebody finds this question dumb or something similar but I just don’t understand these things well so If someone can help me and give me a serious answer I will be very thankful.

My phone was powered off so while trying to turn it on I accidentally went to the download mode for custom os and i got this message in blue backround,

- Warning a custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applicants

if you want to download a custom OS press the volume up key

Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel.

So i pressed volume key down to cancel. Does going itno this mode remove root access or not?
    01-20-2022 07:21 AM
    It sounds like you have a Samsung. If that's correct, then yes, going to that mode is part of removing root. Pressing Volume Up on the Warning screen will take you to a screen that says Downloading, and that's the firmware flashing mode. And flashing a full official factory firmware package is how you remove root
    01-20-2022 10:41 AM
    First of all I want to be clear that I am not tech savy as they would say and my phone was rooted by a friend. I am sorry if somebody finds this question dumb or something similar but I just don’t understand these things well so If someone can help me and give me a serious answer I will be very thankful.

My phone was powered off so while trying to turn it on I accidentally went to the download mode for custom os and i got this message in blue backround,

- Warning a custom OS can cause critical problems in phone and installed applicants

if you want to download a custom OS press the volume up key

Otherwise, press the volume down key to cancel.

So i pressed volume key down to cancel. Does going itno this mode remove root access or not?
    Welcome to AC!

Go to settings>about phone>status information>phone status says official?
    01-20-2022 10:44 AM
    @MNMobileGuy
    Yes I have a samsung. So if I press the volume down key it will cancel that mode and my phone wont get unrooted?
    01-20-2022 10:59 AM
    @MNMobileGuy
    Yes I have a samsung. So if I press the volume down key it will cancel that mode and my phone wont get unrooted?
    No
    That mode only for flashing stock firmware or custom ones .
    If you want to unroot flash the stock firmware only.

But u didn't answer my question
    01-20-2022 11:28 AM
    @MNMobileGuy
    Correct. But even if you press Volume Up, the un-rooting doesn't happen automatically. That just puts the phone in firmware flashing mode. In order to unroot, you have to actually do the flash - using a computer
    01-20-2022 11:33 AM
    @mustang7757

I don’t have my phone with me at the moment but I will check later and let you know.

About what I wrote, will just going to that mode(download mode for custom os) unroot the android phone?
    01-20-2022 11:39 AM
    @mustang7757

I don’t have my phone with me at the moment but I will check later and let you know.

About what I wrote, will just going to that mode(download mode for custom os) unroot the android phone?
    Ok no problem
    No it wont
    You need to go into that node to flash the stock firmware to unroot if u are rooted
    01-20-2022 11:40 AM