I can't move my apps from internal storage to sd card... My phone is vivo y12s

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Android Central Question

I just brought this phone (Vivo Y12s) and I was trying to move my apps/games to sd card and there's nothing say "Move to SD card" or something...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The "Move to SD" feature is pretty outdated, and was mostly for older versions of Android (although Samsung still does something similar). There's also Adoptable Storage, where you format the card as Internal Storage, but not all manufacturers support this. Either way, it's not advisable to move apps to the SD card, since (a) SD cards are inherently much less reliable than onboard memory, so there's more chance of crashing, and (b) performance will take a hit since SD card read/write speeds are much slower than onboard memory.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

SixSigmaGuy

Aug 4, 2022
Visit site
I agree with B.diddy

But the poster wasn't asking for an opinion. Why doesn't someone just answer the question? I'd like to know the answer too, and I could care less if it's recommended or not. Just give me an answer. If you don't know the answer than just say so. But dont waste our time with opinions that weren't asked for until AFTER you've responded to the question.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
But the poster wasn't asking for an opinion. Why doesn't someone just answer the question? I'd like to know the answer too, and I could care less if it's recommended or not. Just give me an answer. If you don't know the answer than just say so. But dont waste our time with opinions that weren't asked for until AFTER you've responded to the question.
Welcome to the forums. I'm not sure if you read, or understood, the answers given above, they gave a fact AND an opinion. The fact is that after Android M (6) apps can't be moved to SD cards as before and, yes, the main reasons are security and stability. In the case at hand you can check out this Vivo support page.

https://www.vivo.com/ph/support/questionList?categoryId=10532

Screenshot_20220803-230340_Brave.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
In other brands like Samsung, as it was mentioned, a few apps or just a part of them can still be moved to the SD card, but only if the developers included that option in their code. In real life you will find that most, if not all, of your apps don't include that possibility.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I answered the question. I actually don't care either if you don't care about my opinion. The fact remains that it's an outdated feature that most newer phones don't support.

I hope I wasted even more of your time just now.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20