My brother and I recently got Chromebooks for Christmas and we both have been experiencing issues with games crashing. I tried experimenting with a few games on the new Chromebook and the old one and the games still work on the old Chromebook. It also is not completely a wifi issue because the games still work well for the most part on the old models. I have checked my play store for updates (there are none) and I have restarted the Chromebook multiple times and nothing has worked. Any ideas?
    01-22-2022 09:11 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You're installing these games through the Play Store, right? Is the system completely up to date? Also make sure all apps listed in the Manage Apps menu of the Play Store app are also fully updated (especially Android System Webview).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    01-22-2022 10:41 PM
    Hey, Thanks for answering. I made an account and I am the person that made the post above. I am assuming that everything was downloaded through the play store because when I signed in to my new Chromebook, it automatically started syncing the apps and games from my old Chromebook (that were downloaded through the play store.) As far as updates go, everything is updated but I will check again... Any other ideas?
    01-23-2022 06:25 AM
    I don't have much experience with Chrome OS but I know years ago when some Android tablets had Intel processors there were some app and game incompatability problems caused by the processor.

With Chrome OS using a mix of X86 processors(AMD/INTEL) and ARM(usually Qualcomm or Mediatek) are there still some app compatability issues? It's what I'm wondering, honestly not sure.

Looks like your new Chromebook runs on a 10th gen Intel processor, what were the specs of the old Chromebook?
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-23-2022 11:09 AM
    I don't know much about specs at all to be honest... I know that my old Chromebook was about 2-3 years old and my brothers was at least 4 years old. If that is the case though, how could I fix that issue?
    01-23-2022 11:21 AM
    The Spin 713 is Intel -- either the Core i3 or i5. There are still some apps that don't work well on Chromebooks -- either because of the CPU or because of some subtle incompatibility with Chrome OS. What was your old Chromebook?

Try uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it. Another thing to try would be to clear the app cache/data for the game -- to do this, bring up the notification area at the lower right, then click the Settings icon. Then go to Apps>Manage Apps, select the game, then More Settings & Permissions>Storage & Cache. Clear Storage and Cache there, then Force Stop the app. See if it continues to crash afterwards.
    01-23-2022 12:12 PM
    I looked at the bottom of my old Chromebook and it says Acer R751T Series N16Q14. (which I think is a spin 11?) I tried your idea for clearing cache and storage (almost lost my account for a game in the progress lol) but it did not work. The game still crashes but the older Chromebook doesn't crash. I would imagine this is the same situation with my brother's computer as well.
    01-23-2022 12:43 PM
    Sorry about the scare! That Spin 11 uses a Celeron N3450 -- still Intel, but different class of CPU (the Core i3 is faster).

I've had firsthand experience with odd compatibility issues on Chromebooks. I wanted to play Dead Cells on my Lenovo Chromebook Duet, but although everything loads and seems to play fine, for some reason the onscreen d-pad won't register up or down movements. I contacted the dev, and they said that it's hard for them to account for all of the minor differences between devices. You could try reaching out to the devs for your games -- maybe you'll have better luck.

When you say everything is updated, you also mean Chrome OS system updates, right?
    01-23-2022 12:59 PM
    I meant that the games themselves were updated.. How do I check about the OS updates?
    01-23-2022 01:17 PM
    Go to that same system settings menu, click About Chrome OS, then Check for Updates.
    01-23-2022 01:23 PM
    Alright thanks, everything seems to be working now. I updated the Chrome OS to version 97.0.4692.91 and nothing has crashed yet. I am going to let a game run for a little and see if anything happens. i will keep you updated but thank you so much for your help!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    01-23-2022 01:44 PM