What will happen to my POCO F1 if I switch it for 3 months?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am planning to switch off my device i.e. POCO F1 for the next 3 months due to my final examinations. I was thinking whether it will have any adverse effect on the device since it wont be in use for so long. I still want the phone to function as that is my only device.

Will it still be able to function properly i.e. just as good as before? If so, how should I store it so the battery and device itself don't get impaired?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Nobody can answer “what will happen…?” questions without uncertainty, but if you charge the battery to about 50% and, after powering off, store the phone in a place where it will be protected from heat and moisture, it will probably be all right. That’s all that anyone can say.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html
Agreed, especially on the battery charge level. Li-ion batteries like a happy medium, so storing it at a full (or worse, a low) charge level can be detrimental to battery life. This is why most products with Li-ion batteries are shipped only partially charged.

Other than that, you should be fine. I've stored phones much longer than that with no usability issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca