It's now impossible to control music without unlocking phone. Also every time I switch phone on now it tries to download uk language and continues to try until I manually cancel it.
    01-30-2022 05:26 AM
    If you go to the Lock Screen settings and tap on Widgets is Music selected?
    Edox likes this.
    01-30-2022 06:21 AM
    Which device ? Go to Settings >>Lock screen >> Widgets and check if this option is activated...
    01-30-2022 06:24 AM
    Welcome to the forums. Also, which music player are you using? About your second question, see this long thread about the same issue.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh....php?t=1033830
    01-30-2022 06:28 AM
    If all toggles are on under lock screen for music then go to your music player and reset it by clearing data then force stop or uninstall then install again.
    01-30-2022 09:23 AM
    Cheers! This has been bugging me all day ever since I first saw this and then realised it was (not) happening on my phone too since it upgraded to Android 12 yesterday evening. A bit of a hassle redoing all the settings for the several (eleven to be exact) audio media apps I use which should have been unnecessary as it should have been picked up and resolved before rollout.
    01-30-2022 12:40 PM
    Cheers! This has been bugging me all day ever since I first saw this and then realised it was (not) happening on my phone too since it upgraded to Android 12 yesterday evening. A bit of a hassle redoing all the settings for the several (eleven to be exact) audio media apps I use which should have been unnecessary as it should have been picked up and resolved before rollout.
    Which step helped you?
    01-30-2022 01:49 PM
    This does sound like it's just a matter where you need to delve into the Settings menu and re-enable your chosen media player to be viewable in the lock screen, but it's important you be aware by doing so you're also possibly weakening a security and a privacy aspect for your phone.
    The lock screen is one way to keep others from readily accessing anything on your phone, but the more things you enable as a convenience to yourself that aren't otherwise showing in the lock screen, those could be potential weak points for someone to use as leverage to gain access either directly or indirectly.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-30-2022 02:07 PM
    This does sound like it's just a matter where you need to delve into the Settings menu and re-enable your chosen media player to be viewable in the lock screen, but it's important you be aware by doing so you're also possibly weakening a security and a privacy aspect for your phone.
    The lock screen is one way to keep others from readily accessing anything on your phone, but the more things you enable as a convenience to yourself that aren't otherwise showing in the lock screen, those could be potential weak points for someone to use as leverage to gain access either directly or indirectly.
    Yeah sometimes a OS update switched something off or a App update
    01-30-2022 02:09 PM
    Which step helped you?
    It needed all of the Force Stop, clearing cache *and* clearing data to get them to behave and show on the Lock Screen. Of course it is the last of these which is the pain as it loses your login details, settings, favourites etc unless the app has its own built in measures to guard against that such as holding such information in a data file. For example VLC restored my existing playlists but the inbuilt Samsung Player did not which apart from it not being at all intuitive in getting it do something basic like play a selected album in original track order start to finish full stop makes it very much an inferior music player.

Edit: In fact I don't even know why I keep Samsung Player on my Home screen. Time to remove it I think ...
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-30-2022 02:44 PM
    It needed all of the Force Stop, clearing cache *and* clearing data to get them to behave and show on the Lock Screen. Of course it is the last of these which is the pain as it loses your login details, settings, favourites etc unless the app has its own built in measures to guard against that such as holding such information in a data file. For example VLC restored my existing playlists but the inbuilt Samsung Player did not which apart from it not being at all intuitive in getting it do something basic like play a selected album in original track order start to finish full stop makes it very much an inferior music player.
    Yeah i can understand
    If that app doesn't have a cloud back up then you end up having to restore everything again and a pain i could imagine.
    01-30-2022 02:47 PM
    The one I was really dreading was Pockets Casts as rebuilding the huge backlogs of downloads from various podcasts is not something to be tackled lightly. I am only just recovering from having to do that from last year after changing to an Android phone and needing a new podcatcher.

Fortunately Pockets Casts was one app that did need giving the treatment.
    01-30-2022 02:51 PM