Hello, I have an android tablet that I am setting up for a colleague and I can't set a pin for a screen lock, the only option that appears is swipe or none.

This tablet is encrypted and is managed by our organisation. They require a password but it doesn't seem to give this tablet the option to choose one.

Can anyone help?
    05-03-2022 08:47 AM
    Perhaps one of the Device Administators is preventing it. Check them in Settings, Security. Tell us what you see there. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    05-03-2022 09:40 AM
    If its managed by your work then they not allowing you to change it , you would need to speak with them .
    smvim likes this.
    05-03-2022 05:10 PM
    Hello, I have an android tablet that I am setting up for a colleague and I can't set a pin for a screen lock, the only option that appears is swipe or none.

This tablet is encrypted and is managed by our organisation. They require a password but it doesn't seem to give this tablet the option to choose one.
    It does sound like this device is intentionally locked down by the tablet's owner and there's an IT department maintaining it. If you're asking about 'hacking' it to bypass the MDM protections, good luck with that. Otherwise, contact them and explain what and why you want to do this.
    05-03-2022 08:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Or are you saying that this device that is managed by your work still requires you to create your own lockscreen password/PIN, and you're not seeing a way to do that in the Security menu?
    05-05-2022 11:36 PM