Settings won't open on my phone iu

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I cannot get access to the phone settings or the settings for any of the apps on my Samsung Galaxy A 01 core .

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

We'll have to be able to communicate if you really want help but these are the first things to try.

Try restarting your phone. As soon as it boots up try to access your settings first thing after unlocking the device. If this works it could be as simple as clearing the cache(s) on the device. It could also mean there's a bad app on your device. Restarting the device clears some caches and regular restarts help keep those caches clear.

Try getting in to your settings while also in Safe Mode. Safe Mode prevents a lot of third party apps from opening on their own and prevents all background activity. If you are able to reach your settings while in Safe Mode but not in regular mode, even after a restart, it could be that you have a bad app. Did you download any apps at around the time this issue started? Sometimes looking for the change point leads to finding the issue.

To enter Safe Mode on your Samsung, press and hold your power button until the options to Power Off, Restart and Emergency Mode appear. Hold Power Off until the option to start in Safe Mode appears. Touch Safe Mode and allow the phone to restart.

How long ago did this start?

Did you install any new apps around that time? Do you remember any apps updating around that time?

Are you using any anti-virus apps, malware apps, memory saver apps or data saver apps?

As always to receive notifications when others reply to your thread and to leave comments of your own please take a minute to create an account. It will help you communicate and get help. This link will guide you through how to do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20