S21 ultra trouble with spotify using usb.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi I have a s21 ultra. I want to play spotify in my car using usb. The problem is when I do this spotify plays out of my phone speakers. It will not play through stereo. All the usb will do is play a couple ringtones I have downloaded to my phone.I have tried 3 different usb cables. On 2 different vehicles. With the same outcome. I tried on 2017 f 150 and a 2015 street glide. I can connect and play via bluetooth but I would like to charge my battery while playing music. I contacted spotify support and was chatting with them for 2 hours, but nothing helped. Then contacted verizon support and they said it was a spotify issue. Does anyone have any Ideas as to what I need to do? This issue is bothering me something bad.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I did the reset. The problem is not bluetooth. I can commect via bluetooth. I was trying to get it to play spotify through usb only. So I can charge my phone and I heard audio quality is also better.
Sorry that was my fault thought u using wireless AA

Did you have the vehicle connected to Bluetooth at any time or have Bluetooth enable try turning off if so while connected with cable

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I did the reset. The problem is not bluetooth. I can commect via bluetooth. I was trying to get it to play spotify through usb only. So I can charge my phone and I heard audio quality is also better.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why not just use Bluetooth while charging? Do you have to output through the cable?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
When I connect the cable it cuts off bluetooth. I can connect it again then ends up cutting blietooth off again.
Is there any firmware update for your head unit? What head unit do you have?

I am able to charge via USB in my car and use Bluetooth for Spotify, YouTube Music or Apple Music simultaneously.

Oneshot660

May 28, 2022
Visit site
Radio firm ware up to date. It is a 2015 Harley stret glide 6.5 boom radio. I am just starting to think it may be the format that the music apps use for andriod. I am seeing a lot of Iphone users say it is not a problem to use usb for streaming on this particular radio. All the while Andriod users are saying they have a issue doing ut through the usb. I have no Idea any more. I have talked to tech support for spotify, samsung, and verizon and no one can help or give me answers.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Radio firm ware up to date. It is a 2015 Harley stret glide 6.5 boom radio. I am just starting to think it may be the format that the music apps use for andriod. I am seeing a lot of Iphone users say it is not a problem to use usb for streaming on this particular radio. All the while Andriod users are saying they have a issue doing ut through the usb. I have no Idea any more. I have talked to tech support for spotify, samsung, and verizon and no one can help or give me answers.
That radio doesn't look like has a lot good feedback from people but still doesn't explain the issue with 17 f150 truck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
popipro