Can I change message received time to message sent time?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Why is there no way for me to see what time a message was sent from another person's device instead of what time it was opened by my device? Posting the time the message was opened seems pointless since anyone can plainly see what time it is, if they want while they open it. So it would seem more practical to have the message sent time diaplayed instead for those times you miss a message because your data was turned off. Its 2022 and I cant believe no developer has ever thought of this or that its not already implimented into all messaging apps and set as default. We have notifications that tell us if messages were sent, recieved and even opened so it must be possible to implement this into any messaging app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm not sure what device your using or message app but my s22U with Google messages I can see sent and received under details info once I long press that particular message then 3 dots upper right corner tap and view details.

And no you can't change those messages recived or sent , let's be real on that one lol

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html
Screenshot_20220607-010330_Messages.jpg