Hello,

I backup my Samsung phone on my PC with Samsung Smart Switch and I ask Smart Switch to encrypt my backup.

I have an old backup I'd like to access, but entirely restoring it to my phone, and then restoring my phone again to my current backup seems way overkill and a long process, and I might loose a bit of my data on the way. I only need to check an old memo, but when browsing the backup folders, in only see a file named memo.enmm, and it's encrypted by Smart Switch anyway. Is there a way I can load/decrypt this backup on my PC to access my files?

Thanks!
    06-09-2022 06:18 PM
    If you encrypted your Samsung then it will ask you to decrypt it and then select Samsung notes to restore and others unchecked

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    06-09-2022 08:12 PM
    Hello, it's me OP, I just registered!

So, if I understand you correctly, I could just backup my current notes, then do a restore of only my old notes (by unchecking everything else), and it would only restore my notes without affecting anything else on my phone? Please confirm if this is what you meant, because that could work for what I need to do right now...

Thanks
    06-09-2022 09:51 PM
    Hello, it's me OP, I just registered!

So, if I understand you correctly, I could just backup my current notes, then do a restore of only my old notes (by unchecking everything else), and it would only restore my notes without affecting anything else on my phone? Please confirm if this is what you meant, because that could work for what I need to do right now...

Thanks
    Hi welcome to AC!
    Yes that's what I'm saying, just make sure Samsung notes is checked not other ones
    M 7 likes this.
    06-09-2022 10:55 PM
    Hi welcome to AC!
    Yes that's what I'm saying, just make sure Samsung notes is checked not other ones
    Alright, sounds good.. Thanks for fast and efficient answer!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-10-2022 06:53 AM
    Alright, sounds good.. Thanks for fast and efficient answer!
    Your welcome
    06-10-2022 08:40 AM