My app detected apps that it will put to sleep because I don't use it. While I was reviewing my app list i saw one named GCC with blue background and the android icon.
    06-16-2022 10:51 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Show us a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html

In general, I strongly recommend not looking through every single system app and worrying about ones you don't recognize. You wouldn't do that with the thousands of DLL files on a Windows PC, would you?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    VidJunky, smvim and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-16-2022 10:57 AM
    Sounds like a 3rd party app you install, is it one of these ?Does anyone know what the  GCC app is on android galaxy 22.is it spyware?-screenshot_20220616-121644.jpg
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-16-2022 11:17 AM
    gcc is a programming compiler, going back to the 80's so it predates Android itself by decades. It exists on literally billions and billions of computers and mobile devices. As B. Diddy posted, ignore the inner workings of your phone, and just use it to get stuff done and such. Once you start trying to micromanage it and focus on making up problems that aren't problems, you're starting to lose out on all the benefits a smartphone can give you.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Compiler_Collection
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    06-16-2022 01:18 PM
    My app detected apps that it will put to sleep because I don't use it. While I was reviewing my app list i saw one named GCC with blue background and the android icon.
    If you want to find out info on apps then it's better to Google the actual package name. You can usually find the package name by going to it's app info and scrolling all the way to the bottom. Will be something similar to com.android.chrome
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    06-16-2022 03:39 PM