My Samsung a10s was on charge overnight. This morning it was stuck on a flashing 100% and wouldn't let me turn the phone off. I got rid of it by holding down the power and volume buttons, but can anyone tell me what caused it and how I stop it from happening again??
    07-19-2022 04:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean it wouldn't go to the homescreen or lockscreen after unplugging? And it works fine now after a reboot?

Are you using the original charging cable/plug or a 3rd party combination?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-19-2022 08:24 AM
    My Samsung a10s was on charge overnight. This morning it was stuck on a flashing 100% and wouldn't let me turn the phone off. I got rid of it by holding down the power and volume buttons, but can anyone tell me what caused it and how I stop it from happening again??
    I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again... I've had phones that had a one time glitch that never happened again after years of use. If it happens again come back and join up, and we'll try and help you fix it
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    07-20-2022 04:58 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree with JDubbs: sometimes, random and weird glitches happen and do not appear again. My Pixel 5 is an excellent example of some wonky things that suddenly never return. Keep us posted if the issue happens again!

I would caution against leaving a phone on its charger overnight, though. I know battery tech has improved greatly over the years and most phones will stop charging once they peak at 100% -- but if your phone is old or encountering some glitches, I'd leave it plugged into an outlet during the day, where you can supervise.
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    07-20-2022 06:24 AM