Can I use multiple USB wall chargers with different amp ratings to charge my mobile or speakers without damaging the charged item(s)?
    07-20-2022 09:02 AM
    It depends on the brick. Is it oem?
    07-20-2022 11:18 AM
    The device being charged determines how much current is used. Current is pulled in, not pushed out from the charging brick, so a higher amp rated brick will not damage the device being charged. About the only way you'll run into a problem is if the brick is rated so low that it can't keep up with a device that is powered on. This is rare these days, but it won't damage anything. You'll just see the battery charge going down even though it's plugged in. You could turn off the device to charge it, but you'll see a longer charge time with an under-rated brick.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-20-2022 12:03 PM
    I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here, As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-20-2022 12:04 PM
    Yes. But non oem chargers must be ruled out as they have counterfeit regulation components, and more importantly do not have a fusible link much of the time.
    07-20-2022 02:05 PM
    Yes. But non oem chargers must be ruled out as they have counterfeit regulation components, and more importantly do not have a fusible link much of the time.
    That's a separate question. Yes, reliability is always something to consider when going non-OEM, but the question was about amperage ratings only. For example, my answer is correct even when applied to an OEM charger of higher or lower amperage than what came with the device.

One thing I did forget to mention about lower amperage chargers is that you'll be putting more strain on the components due to running flat out more than the included charger. That can cause premature failure in the charger. There is a risk of it damaging the device being charged as well, but it's been my experience that the charging brick will show signs of failing before getting to the point of danger to the device. I.e. Slower charging than spec or getting extra warm during charging. So the risk is small, and avoidable if you are paying attention. Under normal conditions, there is no risk. I don't recommend using a drastically undersized charger in general, though, and not just for that reason. The big reason is simply time waste. There isn't much of a cost difference to go with better chargers, so may as well do that if you are shopping anyway.
    07-20-2022 02:31 PM