Samsung switch folder can it be moved?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a backup of my phone using smart switch application. I need to send my laptop in for repair and thus need to remove all my data from it. Can I transfer the samsung backup folder from my documents onto another pc successfully and then back again once repaired? Will this preserve the backed up phone content. Not really sure how it all works.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
You might be better off cloning your PC's hard drive to preserve it's entire content as is. Then if your drive is affected in some way during the repair process you can restore everything and it will be exactly the same as before.
The Smart Switch application has to have the folders and data it creates to be in the exact same location. It's based on a very specific file paths so if you do opt to just back up Smart Switch keep in mind that there will be several directories (data will be in your user account data folder, config settings in a system folder, etc.) and to do a restore you have to place them back in there exact locations that they were in previously.

If you clone your entire drive, you don't need to manually copy things back to specific locations, and you'll have all your data backed up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781