How do I restore my phone back two hours

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone security did an update and now my contacts names have all been deleted. Numbers are there but, the names are not. So I would like to know how I can restore my phone back to before this happened.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Security updates will affect the installed Android operating system. Things like your Contacts list pertain to your user account. So basically, there's something wrong with your phone that's not necessarily related to any security update, it's a matter where you just happened to encounter this problem and you're assuming it's caused by the security update. You might find determing what the actual cause is instead of what's probably unrelated.
-- There isn't a 'go back two hours' restore function on your phone. You're perhaps mistakenly assuming because something like that is an available optilon in Windows that it's the same with every other operating system.
-- Have you tried just restarting your phone to see if the problem is still occurring? A restart is often a good way to just rule out the problem is just a temporary, one-off glitch.
-- Do you have syncing enabled for your Contacts? Which email service are you using?
-- Just how are you determining this missing name issue? If you check the Contacts app, your Phone app, your chosen email app, and your chosen texting app are all four showing the same missing name problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463