Phone went dark after 9 updates, was able to restart but...... I see "System UI" on reboot"

25544 Norad

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site
Phone went dark after 9 updates, was able to restart but...... I see "System UI" on reboot"

That message is in really small print on the home page momentarily then goes off. I can't seem to click on it.

I did empty the cache partition and now the battery has gone off so I can't for more for now.

What is this "System UI"message? User interface I get, but the whole system?

Many thanks,

*******************************************************************************************

B Diddy, Mustang 7757, Belodion

Hope u see this response to your questions...

The phone is a Galaxy A01 with stock launcher, nothing else special not unlocked.
The updates did not stop during the install, but it was on the reboot I get / got the UI message.

NOTE: Prior to the update installs, I had installed and removed a Widget called Data Enabler Widget. It didn't work on my v11 Android so I uninstalled it, it only warned me of the incompatibility AFTER it was installed! lol

I wonder now if that is what caused the UI error on reboot. I cannot take a screenshot of the tiny, onscreen message

it only 'lives' for a second or so then disappears.

Currently the phone seems OK, no messages on boot up. Yes I have considered a hard reset too. I had a version of Odin but blew it out weeks ago, since there wasn't any need for it..(yeah right) !

Thanks to all for the input, I didn't want to start a new thread for this but it didn't make sense to add the UI problem to the Data Enabler Widget debacle:D I would have referenced my previous post but can't see how to do it.

Regards 25544

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Phone went dark after 9 updates, was able to restart but...... I see "System UI" on reboot"

“System UI has stopped”, perhaps. Though, if it were that, you’d expect a sympathetic “Unfortunately” at the beginning of the message.

System UI allows you to customise the way that the Android system is presented to you on the display.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Phone went dark after 9 updates, was able to restart but...... I see "System UI" on reboot"

Which phone is this again? These were all official system updates pushed over-the-air? Did the phone unexpectedly shut down in the middle of one of the updates?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance