Why is my clock going off when it's not set?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! By chance, do you have a third-party clock app or anything like that installed, that could be interfering? No other alarms are set for Wednesday? What about calendar appointments?

To keep track of your thread and to post responses, please consider joining Android Central and making an account. Here is the link to get you started:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited by a moderator:

theseawulf

Aug 9, 2022
Visit site
The clock is the clock app that came with the phone and the phone is not that old. This is the first time it's ever gone without being set and I've not set any other reminders anywhere else that interfaces directly with my clock app. There was a re-occurring alarm set for Wednesdays at 930 but no alarm at all for Tuesdays and it just went off at 7am sharp.

How to catch a hacker?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
The clock is the clock app that came with the phone and the phone is not that old. This is the first time it's ever gone without being set and I've not set any other reminders anywhere else that interfaces directly with my clock app. There was a re-occurring alarm set for Wednesdays at 930 but no alarm at all for Tuesdays and it just went off at 7am sharp.

How to catch a hacker?

Thank you for your response! I don't think a hacker has infiltrated your device -- it could be that it was a random glitch. Was it the same time as an alarm?

Let us know if the same thing happens tomorrow. I am sure more members will chime in with suggestions as well. You mentioned your phone is new -- is it updated to the latest software? And the clock app? Put your phone into safe Mode tomorrow morning and see if the same alarm goes off.

theseawulf

Aug 9, 2022
Visit site
No the only alarm that was set inside the app was a re-occurring Wednesday at 9:30 alarm. Today it went off at 7am and it's Tuesday. There were no alarms in the clock app for Tuesdays at all and it went off today as if it were set for 7am on Tuesdays(or at least this tuesday) but the alarm didn't exist in the alarms list. I've deleted all alarms in the list and if it happens again I'll certainly come back and update!

Your suggestion it's probably not a hacker at least makes me feel a little better but I have had other things going on lately that makes me suspect a hacker. I wouldn't totally rule it out yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

I agree that this is not a hacker. Being hacked is very rare, especially if you follow common sense guidelines:
“I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Was the alarm you heard definitely one of the phone's preinstalled alarm tones? Or did it sound like something else?

Third party apps can do annoying stuff like this without telling you, so you can also try booting into Safe Mode and seeing if it still happens: https://www.hardreset.info/devices/nokia/nokia-x100/safe-mode/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance