Liquid damage - no power - data recovery possible?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

The s21 ultra phone couldn't survive a bad rain storm (otterbox defender too) - I saw the phone restart on its own and the battery got super hot. Overall it's no longer turning on/charging (even wirelessly) - What data recovery options exist? (I wish these phones still had removable SD cards...)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Oh, no! How awful! Do you have a back-up phone you can use in the meantime -- or do you still have your previous device that may at least have some data left on it from your transfer?

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
The s21 ultra phone couldn't survive a bad rain storm (otterbox defender too) - I saw the phone restart on its own and the battery got super hot. Overall it's no longer turning on/charging (even wirelessly) - What data recovery options exist? (I wish these phones still had removable SD cards...)

Please provide more details as to just how your phone was actually damaged. Just a rain storm is not likely to be the cause -- your S21 Ultra not only has an IP68 water resistance rating but Otterbox cases are not made of materials that dissolve when exposed to water. Something more serious happened and revealing just what that was 'might' possibly make a difference for relevant suggestions.
But basically if you didn't have your email/contacts/calendar set up to automatically sync with your online email service nor set up automatic backup service, the odds are the data you stored on your phone is lost. Only retaining data on any smartphone is a big, big risk. Phones are not just practical sources for long-term storage, they are too easily damaged, or lost, or stolen. Backups are important. They really are.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It'd be interesting to know if the phone had any significant cracks or other breaks in integrity to begin with, because if that's the case, then the IP rating goes out the window.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz