What is "Other" content in internal storage?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Most of my storage space is used by stuff under topic "Other" (33,9 GB of 64 GB total). Images, videos and apps are shown under their own topics at the listing of usage of internal storage. None of these are taking more than 10 GB. What can I do with this "Other" stuff in order to free storage space?

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
You're presumably using the Settings >> Storage menu to determine your mobile device's internal storage so keep in mind that 'Others' isn't an actual folder residing in your internal storage but rather a vague, generic reference to the accumulation for all files that don't have a registered file type. Basically 'Others' is just the sum total of random, miscellaneous stuff that are aren't categorized and could be scattered throughout different directories in your internal storage. So if you use a file manager app to find a folder named 'Others' it probably doesn't exist, you'll need to do a little deeper search and manually delete of files that are going to inside different folders.
https://fixwill.com/what-is-other-in-storage-android/
Also, that 'Others' will vary depending on your phone model, which version of Android it's running, and your own unique daily usage -- i.e. the phone I'm using right now has a Others that's currently around 3 GB. In your case, 34 GB from 64 GB is a significant amount of storage space. It's worth spending some time cleaning that up as much as you can (within reason, don't get too over-zealous deleting items you need to keep)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo