Why cant i get my music to play on my Bluetooth radio

Tyler Hofer

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
How come on my galaxy A21 I can't get the music to play on my Bluetooth Delphi radio. When I go into Settings/Bluetooth, and then in the gear icon there is only the contacts, and calling that I can put on, but no music audio the opinion isn't even there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tyler Hofer

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
Is your radio on the right source? Watch this video https://youtu.be/-Ap7cdpeAJ0

I've got the older Delphi radio the one with the one button
that has got the I symbol title and menu onto it it doesn't have as many options on it as the newer ones have

I don't know I can't get the radio's source button to bring up the Bluetooth audio on the radio

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I made you the owner of the original guest post to make it easier for you to find.

What's the exact model number of the radio?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
How old is this head unit? Older head units often didn't have streaming audio capability -- only phone call connection. For example, my old 2008 BMW 535i's stock system could only connect via Bluetooth for calls.

Tyler Hofer

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site
How old is this head unit? Older head units often didn't have streaming audio capability -- only phone call connection. For example, my old 2008 BMW 535i's stock system could only connect via Bluetooth for calls.

It's a DELPHI DEA335 (XM Satellite radio Ready Receiver with Bluetooth its a 2015 model would that one be to old to stream audio

Tyler Hofer

Oct 16, 2022
Visit site

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
When the music is playing click a volume button once so that the volume pop up comes up. There should be an arrow or something you can click that opens it up bigger. From there you should be able to choose where the media plays. Maybe it's just not automatically switching.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I looked through that manual, and I couldn't find any mention of using Bluetooth to stream music -- only to handle phone calls. Unless you see some option to change the audio source to Bluetooth, I think you can only use it for phone calls.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
I looked through that manual, and I couldn't find any mention of using Bluetooth to stream music -- only to handle phone calls. Unless you see some option to change the audio source to Bluetooth, I think you can only use it for phone calls.

I didn't even think of that because that seems odd lol, but youre probably right. Might need a Bluetooth adapter then.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, it would seem that Delphi head unit was actually released no later than 2009, since that's the year of publication for that manual. That would very much be in keeping with car stereos of the time, which mostly supported only Bluetooth phone audio, and not streaming media audio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2