Why is there a Restored From Iphone folder on pixel 2 xl after factory reset?

Pav78

Oct 23, 2022
Visit site
I've never had an iPhone, but the phone was purchased unlocked I believe, is on Android 11 now And has been factory reset before.

I saw two folders that shouldn't be there

Storage/emulated/0/DCIM/Saved from iCloud

And

Storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Restored from iPhone.

Should I be concerned that my phone is hacked? Could someone please explain what could cause this?

Pav78

Oct 23, 2022
Visit site
I thought the factory reset would have deleted it? I did manually delete the folders, but also no accounts were linked on my phone, no emails or anything). Thank you for the answers btw

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I thought the factory reset would have deleted it? I did manually delete the folders, but also no accounts were linked on my phone, no emails or anything). Thank you for the answers btw
Welcome,
Factory reset will delete data on the device but once you set-up then back ups will load and sync everything again, if you manually deleted the folders then shouldn't see them come back again or you just tried manually deleting now?

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Pav78

Oct 23, 2022
Visit site
Thank you. I didn't set any backups though, just shared some photos to an iPhone user. Or does that count as a backup in a way? I manually deleted them when I noticed, did another reset and they didn't come back.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you. I didn't set any backups though, just shared some photos to an iPhone user. Or does that count as a backup in a way? I manually deleted them when I noticed, did another reset and they didn't come back.
No back up is with your Google account it's for texts,file manager,google drive , Google photos,calls and such.
I think you should be ok then if you deleted manually and haven't come back after another factory reset.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Pav78

Oct 23, 2022
Visit site
Ok. But how did it get there in the first place, thats what is concerning me. Just because those particular folders didn't come back, doesn't necessarily mean the device isn't compromised in another way. (Doesn't mean that it is compromised either, but still)

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Ok. But how did it get there in the first place, thats what is concerning me. Just because those particular folders didn't come back, doesn't necessarily mean the device isn't compromised in another way. (Doesn't mean that it is compromised either, but still)

Yep I wouldn't worry about it, it was just your Google account backing up those folders and pic's like it would any other data on your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12