I lost the original Network sim card to the phone and it's already ready to be unlocked
    10-26-2022 09:42 PM
    Which device?
    Usually a Network unlock code comes from the carrier u purchased the device after paying it off

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here , As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-26-2022 09:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier is the phone locked to? Do a web search for "[carrier name] unlock policy."
    10-26-2022 10:44 PM
    If you simply lost the SIM card, since you need to contact the carrier to get the unlock code, why don't you just get a new SIM from your carrier?

How does one lose their SIM card anyway, is opening the SIM tray a regular occurrence? I think the only time I ever open the SIM tray is if I feel there's a need to reseat the SIM due to an issue or if I want to swap the SIM to another device.
    Mr Bojangles1 and B. Diddy like this.
    10-27-2022 08:21 AM
    How does one lose their SIM card anyway, is opening the SIM tray a regular occurrence?
    Sounds to me like there's more to the story.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    10-28-2022 05:05 PM
    Also, the SIM card shouldn't be necessary in order to carrier-unlock the phone itself. Again, you need to contact the carrier that the phone is locked to and determine if you meet the criteria to unlock the phone.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    10-28-2022 05:07 PM
    Sounds to me like there's more to the story.

There's almost always more to the story with the "free" questions... that's what makes them fun
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-29-2022 03:09 AM
    We'll have to assume that you've fixed it, otherwise: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=989475
    mustang7757 and J Dubbs like this.
    10-31-2022 08:22 PM
    We'll have to assume that you've fixed it, otherwise: https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=989475
    For sure its fixed, we gifted that way
    J Dubbs and belodion like this.
    10-31-2022 08:44 PM
    For sure its fixed, we gifted that way
    I'm curious why people can make a thread anonymously. I see you guys have to constantly direct people to create an account lol. I feel like it would be easier for people to get back to the thread if they had to create an account first.
    11-01-2022 02:23 AM
    I'm curious why people can make a thread anonymously. I see you guys have to constantly direct people to create an account lol. I feel like it would be easier for people to get back to the thread if they had to create an account first.
    It would, but it’s easy to understand that people would not wish to create an account, or at any rate a permanent one, to get an answer to a single question, then perhaps never have any more need for or interest in the forum. Team members are aware of these things and suggestions were made over three years ago for changes.
    11-01-2022 07:13 AM
    Yeah thats the way it was set-up from beginning
    Mr Bojangles1 likes this.
    11-01-2022 11:35 AM
    It would, but it’s easy to understand that people would not wish to create an account, or at any rate a permanent one, to get an answer to a single question, then perhaps never have any more need for or interest in the forum. Team members are aware of these things and suggestions were made over three years ago for changes.
    Yeah I get that too, but at the same time they are asking for help. I just always wondered lol. I know it can still be helpful for people looking for answers.
    mustang7757 and belodion like this.
    11-01-2022 12:47 PM
    Yeah I get that too, but at the same time they are asking for help. I just always wondered lol. I know it can still be helpful for people looking for answers.
    Yes indeed.

Nothing that team members have ever tried has fixed the problems associated with the AAQ forum. More than anything else, it exists to freely offer help and advice to any Android users who encounter problems or are unclear about something, yet the way it is set up makes it frustratingly difficult to achieve that aim. There is no need for it to be like that, but team members are unable to make the necessary changes. We therefore have to continue with things as they are, and try to make the best of a bad job.
    B. Diddy and Mr Bojangles1 like this.
    11-01-2022 07:05 PM
    I will say that I've seen more people registering in response to our suggestions lately, so at least it's increasing membership.
    belodion and J Dubbs like this.
    11-01-2022 07:19 PM
    I wonder if there's a way to find out the percentage of those that initially ask the question that then become members.

I guess you would have to track the IP address of that initial question, then match it to a new member. That would have to assume the same device was used each time too.

11-01-2022 09:14 PM
    I wonder if there's a way to find out the percentage of those that initially ask the question that then become members.

I guess you would have to track the IP address of that initial question, then match it to a new member. That would have to assume the same device was used each time too.

Us team members don't know but higher up do, from what I see being in the forums often is lot them do register compared ones that don't and once they do they are a member as they made a account.
    Laura Knotek and J Dubbs like this.
    11-01-2022 09:57 PM
    I don't think it's all bad, we get to help some folks that otherwise wouldn't get any help because they'd never register anywhere for a single question, we get to have some fun with the questions, and we get new members that might not otherwise have joined if it wasn't for the "freebie" question
    B. Diddy and mustang7757 like this.
    11-02-2022 01:22 AM