Hi, I am trying to help my mum transfer her data from her old phone to her new Galaxy. I've done this process twice before but struggling this time as my mum's google account that is being used for Smart Switch is an old one that apparently doesn't exist anymore (message when you try to log into this google account). I pressed on anyway as this was listed as the account everything was backed up to on my mum's old phone. So I hoped everything would transfer over regardless of the account being inactive. However, nothing has transferred over.

I have the following questions:

1. How do I see where the data, photos, videos, messages etc. on my mum's old phone is being backed up to (which google account?).

2. Do I need to factory reset the new phone now to restart the process once I find the account with the backed up data?

3. Is there a different way to transfer data e.g. upload to a PC and download to new phone somehow?

Appreciate any and all help with this. Thank you.
    11-02-2022 01:37 PM
    Does she have multiple google accounts on the phone? Go to settings->accounts and it should be listed there no?
    11-02-2022 02:37 PM
    You really need to be able to access that old Google account, that's what her old phone is tied to.
    Hopefully that old Google account wasn't deleted and is just dormant. You might want to try going through the process of recovering it:
    https://support.google.com/accounts/.../7682439?hl=en
    It's going to involve a few steps to authenticate you (or rather she) is who she claims to be.
    11-02-2022 04:29 PM
    What brand was her old phone?

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here, As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply.
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    11-02-2022 04:31 PM