Unknown app keeps popping up on my home screen

Himaib

Nov 3, 2022
Visit site
This app called spin maze keeps popping up.
I delete the icon but when i check i cant uninstall as it doesnt show as being installed.

I never installed it and within minutes of me deleting the icon its back again.

I think its something a scammer has managed to get on my phone via a link that was sent to me.

Help!!!

Sunddenly new icon called "SpinMaze" appered on my phone desktop.
i clecked it first time then nothing happend, then it say no action remove me. whe i hold press and remove it, it keep appering again. or disappered for a while then it back again.

here is the icon i took screenshot
https://freeimage.host/i/mHdZJ4

is this virus? how i can delete it? and how i can stop it appering

my phone is infinx zero 5 x603.

Last edited by a moderator:

Himaib

Nov 3, 2022
Visit site
Re: New icon/app/virus keep appering "SpinMaze"?

Yes, i looked, there is no any app with that icon or name, and i looked for any new/strange app. i deleted any app looks strage but still it keep appreing

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Yes, i looked, there is no any app with that icon or name, and i looked for any new/strange app. i deleted any app looks strage but still it keep appreing
I'm not familiar with it, but I did find this thread mentioning this seems to be a new/developing issue for people in the Philippines (assuming it's the same app/icon as you). Give it a look and out may give you some additional leads to go on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/ykyybj/comment/iuvoo0l/

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

We'll need more information to offer better advice.

What device do you have?

Did you look in your app drawer or your in the app list in your settings menu?

Did you enable "show system apps" when looking your app list in the settings menu?

Have you installed any apps from places other than the Play Store, Amazon App Store or your manufacturer's App Store?

What happens if you try to open the app or have you tried to open the app?

Is your device rooted or modified in any way?

Did this just suddenly show up, has it been on the device the whole time, did you buy the device new, used or refurbished?

If you press and hold the icon do you get an (i), lower case I in a circle, that you can click on to try and get to the apps page on the device?

The more you tell us the better we can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Himaib

Nov 3, 2022
Visit site

I'm not familiar with it, but I did find this thread mentioning this seems to be a new/developing issue for people in the Philippines (assuming it's the same app/icon as you). Give it a look and out may give you some additional leads to go on.

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/ykyybj/comment/iuvoo0l/

Thank you so much Mooncatt

i think i found the soultion after some search from your link

here is the soultion for all ---> stop and disable your TouchPal

https://twitter.com/rosieposieslay/status/1588139899869626369

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I actually made you the owner of the original guest post, thinking you had posted it, and before I realized that belodion had merged the threads. Oh well, no harm no foul.:)

TouchPal is notorious for adware and possibly worse. I recall that some phones have this preinstalled as the default keyboard, which is terrible. I agree that you should Disable it, but make sure you have another keyboard app installed first. Otherwise, you might get stuck being unable to enter some important piece of information, like the PIN/password on the lockscreen.

Neruta 2Go

Nov 3, 2022
Visit site
That's a problem on my phone also but unlike other phone mine cannot be disable what I did for now is cleared the data and so far it's not appearing

My phone OS is colorOS v5 it's an Oppo a37fw so the settings are quiet messed up

johnny indo

Nov 4, 2022
Visit site
That's a problem on my phone also but unlike other phone mine cannot be disable what I did for now is cleared the data and so far it's not appearing

My phone OS is colorOS v5 it's an Oppo a37fw so the settings are quiet messed up

I have the same phone, just install gboard and force stop tuochpal and other additional language for touchpal.. it work for me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-11-04-10-52-53-13.png
    Screenshot_2022-11-04-10-52-53-13.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 8