When turning my vehicle off and exiting the vehicle, the "Now playing" remains open

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Upon disconnecting from Android Auto, the "Now Playing" bar remains when I pull down the toolbar from the top of my phone. This causes the music app to remain opened indefinitely until I force close it. I've tried multiple apps, and multiple vehicles. I've poured through all settings on both phone and android auto with zero solutions.

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which music app? This is not unusual -- I've seen the notification for apps like Spotify, YouTube Music, or YouTube remain in the notification panel after I stopped using the app. This shouldn't use battery or CPU, since the app itself is paused or cached in memory, and not active in the foreground. You should be able to just swipe away the notification if you don't want to see it.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html