Note 5 wouldn't charge, now boot loop

Mike S13

Nov 22, 2022
Visit site
I got a Note 5 that worked until it sat for months untouched. I tried charging it and saw an empty battery displayed on the screen in a loop, the phone never charged, it just kept looping.

Next I pressed the power button hoping to power it up using the charger, but now it just boots to the Galaxy Note 5 logo then reboots repeatedly.

Can a completely dead battery cause these symptoms? Are there recommended fixes?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The battery might have completely discharged, which is death for a lithium battery. Since it's so old, that might have made it that much more likely to happen.

Leave it plugged into a wall outlet undisturbed for at least 6 hours. Then press and hold Power for about 30 seconds, and see if it boots up correctly. If it doesn't, then you'd probably have to get the battery replaced (although I wouldn't bother with such an obsolete phone).

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski