What is the best combination cleaner/system repair app for Android phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have tried a multitude of applications for cleaning and maintenance on my various Android phones. Some had advantages of system repair included. I have still yet to find, what I consider the best app possible.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would strongly recommend against using any 3rd party "cleaner" app, because (a) modern Android devices don't need them any more, (b) these app will often negatively impact performance since they might do needless app killing to "free up RAM" (which isn't necessary on modern devices), and (c) these apps often are loaded with adware, and possibly worse.

If you want an app to clean up junk file, then use Google's own Files by Google app.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
The common term for these kinds of apps is "crapware". They're not necessarily malicious, but they are largely useless.

Listen to B.Diddy. Any cleaning you need will be taken care of by Android itself as long as your device is relatively modern. If you have a samsung phone you can go to battery and device care in settings and run that if it makes you feel better.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The common term for these kinds of apps is "crapware". They're not necessarily malicious, but they are largely useless.

Listen to B.Diddy. Any cleaning you need will be taken care of by Android itself as long as your device is relatively modern. If you have a samsung phone you can go to battery and device care in settings and run that if it makes you feel better.

Even Samsung used to incorporate that kind of crapware into its preinstalled device care -- remember when it used to have Clean Master, and then Qihoo 360, as the software behind it? https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/02/05/samsung-device-care-360-integration/. Fortunately, they wised up about a couple of years ago and started using their own Device Care software.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Even Samsung used to incorporate that kind of crapware into its preinstalled device care -- remember when it used to have Clean Master, and then Qihoo 360, as the software behind it? https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/02/05/samsung-device-care-360-integration/. Fortunately, they wised up about a couple of years ago and started using their own Device Care software.

Indeed, they still have a partnership with MacAfee to scan your device because... reasons

Up until a couple of years ago I wouldn't buy a Samsung because of stuff like that. But, while still far from perfect, they have come a long way and improved a lot.

Honestly, even in it's current incarnation battery and device care is borderline crapware... but if the OP want's a button to push to make them feel better (as many seem to), that's where it is.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Indeed, they still have a partnership with MacAfee to scan your device because... reasons

Up until a couple of years ago I wouldn't buy a Samsung because of stuff like that. But, while still far from perfect, they have come a long way and improved a lot.

Honestly, even in it's current incarnation battery and device care is borderline crapware... but if the OP want's a button to push to make them feel better (as many seem to), that's where it is.

Oh, they still use McAfee? I always thought the McAfee stuff was from the carrier.:-\

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I too would steer clear of any kind of app cleaning products for your phone. They will definitely do more harm to your devices than good!