Tablet Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition - In ODIN mode by accident and what to do?

A

AC Question

Was checking out the factory reset using power on/volume up/menu button and when prompted to press up to continue or press down meant to press down and instead pressed up which threw up the downloading screen do not turn off.
It has been running for over an hour and no change and want to know if it is really down loading or stuck.
Tablet is WIFI version and had KITKAT 4.4.2 on it.

What are my options at this point?
Wait out the download if working?
Power off and restart?
I have plugged in the charger so it does not run out of power while waiting.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

..CWBOFT

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Was checking out the factory reset using power on/volume up/menu button and when prompted to press up to continue or press down meant to press down and instead pressed up which threw up the downloading screen do not turn off.
It has been running for over an hour and no change and want to know if it is really down loading or stuck.
Tablet is WIFI version and had KITKAT 4.4.2 on it.

What are my options at this point?
Wait out the download if working?
Power off and restart?
I have plugged in the charger so it does not run out of power while waiting.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

..CWBOFT

Welcome to the forums. You can press and hold power to reboot normally.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks GoldDriver that worked. I was wondering if I had or was in process of downloading a new kernel or what. Very embarrasing.

..cwboftx

You are welcome. That screen is for loading OS files via a PC, so you weren't loading anything. Most of the time a button combination is held to get you there, sometimes the OS mistakenly starts there. So no very embarrassing.
Glad you are back up and running.

Hope to see you in the forums in the future.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969