Want to use Razr Maxx internationally, can I swap in Local Sim and create wifi hotspot?

trademarked

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I normally use a verizon iPhone, but I want to buy a droid razor maxi on ebay to use as a travel phone so I can worry less about losing it. They seem to have good battery life, and I will be in areas with little access to power. If I buy a clean ESN razor maxx on ebay, can I swap my verizon sim in it on my way to the airport, then when I arrive in a foreign country swap in the local sim? And, if so, can I keep swapping them back and forth while I'm overseas to periodically check my text messages? And.. finally, can I use the wifi hotspot with the local sim (assuming I get a data plan) so that I can surf the web on my laptop?

Thanks!

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
As long as the phone that you buy is network unlocked, then yes you can swap sims to check your messages or use them (provided Verizon allows you to receive messages in other countries, you know the whole thing with enabling international calls etc.) As for using it for internet, yes you can use it as a wifi hotspot but you may have to install an app for that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87