HTC One m7 stuck in boot loop unless connected to computer

dfeldstein

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The other day I pulled my phone out of my pocket and noticed it was off even though the battery was at least half charged I turned it back on and discovered it was stuck in a boot loop. I still was able to get to the bootloader screen but when I tried to enter recovery it rebooted after about thirty seconds. I am out of town and don't have access to my home computer but I plugged it into a friend's, and it started up no problem. SDK was not installed. I tried flashing both clockwork and twrp recoveries, installed new Roms after full system wipes but I still have the same problem. As soon as I unplugged the computer the phone turned off and started looping again. The phone is fully charged so its not a power issue.
Any ideas for what might fix it when I get home in a couple of days? Right now I am running aicp and clockwork recovery
Thanks

dfeldstein

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Update:
I am back home and after trying to flash a new rom, changing my recoveries and formatting my device I still have the same problem. I just finished restoring my phone using an RUU and it works perfectly but as soon as I unplug it from the computer it freezes for about five seconds and then goes back into the boot loop. I'm afraid it might be a hardware failure? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Update:
I am back home and after trying to flash a new rom, changing my recoveries and formatting my device I still have the same problem. I just finished restoring my phone using an RUU and it works perfectly but as soon as I unplug it from the computer it freezes for about five seconds and then goes back into the boot loop. I'm afraid it might be a hardware failure? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
Hello.

Do you have S-ON or S-OFF?

Sent from my AT&T One XL

dfeldstein

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I still have made no progress, I restored the phone to factory using an RUU but I am still experiencing the same problem. The phone powers on as soon as it is plugged into a charger or computer. If I shut the phone down while connected to a PC it automatically turns itself back on. If it is not plugged into a computer it boots for about 45 seconds, turns off and starts back up on its own. As of right now it is completely stock. Any help would be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay