Sync Problem

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If I go to Settings>Google Account, as like as not I'll find there's an auto sync problem, usually with Sound Settings for Google Play, and Contacts. Sometimes I can successfully sync them manually at that point but I want to stay set to auto sync. Am I right that sync failure will eat battery as the phone keeps trying to sync? Is there anything I can do to help it sync?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When that happens to me, I find that if I uncheck it and then check the component that's having sync problems, it corrects itself. I don't think sync problems lead to battery drain, because it will just wait until the next sync to try again.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks. That's more or less as it is for me except that mine will sometimes fail to sync even then and I'll leave it unchecked for a while to avoid possible drain. There was one occasion, weeks before 4.4.3. update so that's nothing to do with it, when I lost 20% battery overnight and the only possible cause I could think of was this sync problem which was happening then as well. On the other hand I've had no drain problems of late so that probably wasn't it.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke