Z1 literally crashed after I woke up

Marklin Ang

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys, I really really am desperate for help here with my Z1.

I went to sleep with my phone working perfectly fine yesterday. I watched a show on it, went on FB and IG before hitting the sack. In the middle of the night, some of my apps auto-updated (namely, fb, twitter, echo lockscreen, swiftkey) through WiFi, and these were the only ones I saw (there might be others as I can't go into Play Store to verify anymore).

When I woke up, I was greeted with a 'unfortunately, Calendar has stopped working.' I hit 'Ok', and another one pops up, this time was a Google process (gapps and acore I think). Hit 'Ok', now comes twitter, facebook, dropbox, swiftkey, buzz launcher, google play store, google this and that etc. It's NEVER-ENDING. I did a reset on my phone, assuming things will return to normal, but NO. It happens straight after it boots into the homescreen. Everything came back, and as soon as I dismiss it, another one comes.

I can't access any apps at all. Every time I hit an app, it forces close with the 'unfortunately ....... has stopped working' error screen. I can access Settings, and I was so frustrated I hit the factory reset, but it couldn't reset AT ALL. The tap just returned nothing.

I've tried every thing I can, and every thing the interest has gave me. I tried going into recovery mode but for some reason I can't. I'm sure I did the correct steps. If there's anyone out there, who can give me a clue on what's happening, and what possible solutions I can try, I'll gladly take it. I'm at a total loss. It's likely not to be a hardware problem.

I'm using a Sony Z1, 4.4.2, no root. I didn't update the software for past 2 months.

*edit. I can't clear cache and uninstall apps too from the apps manager. It just showed me the unfortunate error message that gapps has stopped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC