Vanilla Android on 10.1 2014 edition?

A

AC Question

Hi all,

I bought my note 10.1 for a bit of gaming and drawing. I have a nexus 4 and really miss the stock android experience when using my note. My question is, can I go to vanilla android and still use the pressure sensitive stylus with sketchbook? I assume I have to root and install a custom rom for this, can anyone suggest a ROM? I got a refurb tablet and it's out of warranty so I'm not at all concerned about that, and i won't miss any of the "fancy" features samsung thinks i need..

Thanks!
Ed

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I bought my note 10.1 for a bit of gaming and drawing. I have a nexus 4 and really miss the stock android experience when using my note. My question is, can I go to vanilla android and still use the pressure sensitive stylus with sketchbook? I assume I have to root and install a custom rom for this, can anyone suggest a ROM? I got a refurb tablet and it's out of warranty so I'm not at all concerned about that, and i won't miss any of the "fancy" features samsung thinks i need..

Thanks!
Ed

First you need to root the tablet and install a custom recovery. Next you would want to make a backup of the stock ROM in case you hit a snag, then with the custom recovery, flash the new ROM with gapps.

As for suggestions, its hard to say. Some ROMs may support your device and some may not. I would look at Cyanogen, Liquid smooth, Carbonrom to name a few.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you considered installing a 3rd party launcher like Nova? It gives you a very vanilla appearance, but has some nice customization features not available on vanilla.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay