have issues with app: "My Verizon Data" (Turn on/off) on samsung illusion phone (verizon carrier)

A

AC Question

have issues with app: "My Verizon Data" (Turn on/off) on samsung illusion phone (verizon carrier)

I have a samsung illusion phone. I use reachout wireless who uses verizon as a carrier. I DO NOT have a data plan.... yet the icon/widget (it is called "My Verizon Data" and elsewhere called "Usage Data"). on the apps page (when clicked) tries to load. I believe it is draining the battery and would love to remove it I have checked apps running page and it doesn't show up as running there but it may be running in the background (forever trying to load). IS THERE A WAY TO DISABLE OR REMOVE IT ENTIRELY FROM PHONE?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: have issues with app: "My Verizon Data" (Turn on/off) on samsung illusion phone (verizon carrier

Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps>All, and see if you can find it there. If you can, select it, and see if there is a Disable button.

Otherwise, it may just be a nonfunctional app that came with the phone itself that would only work if you were on Verizon. If it's a widget, I would just remove it from your homescreen so that you don't accidentally tap it.

News4la

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: have issues with app: "My Verizon Data" (Turn on/off) on samsung illusion phone (verizon carrier

None of the MY VERIZON Apps work unless you are a Verizon customer. Reachout is a MVNO of Verizon so those Apps do not work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21