Upgrade to 4.4, Notification tone problems.

anon(211635)

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
After upgrading to 4.4, my ringtones and various other things got reset or set to some random thing on my phone. After setting the ringtone and notification tone, I found that the tone for Facebook alerts (and some other random notification) plays a song from my music selection which I've never set for anything (nor have I ever used a song as a ringtone/notification tone). I can't find how to change this. All tones in settings are set to what I want. The song is not listed on anything in settings. This is really annoying because whenever I get a Facebook alert, the song plays and the only way for it to stop is for me to swipe the notification menu down. However, today for the first time, it continued to play even after swiping. I cleared the notifications, I even opened the facebook app. It still didn't stop playing. I had to shut the phone off to get it to stop.

My phone is the Motorolla RAZR Maxx HD.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you changed the notification from within the Facebook app settings? Open Facebook, tap the hamburger menu icon (the 3 horizontal lines next to the globe icon), scroll down to App Settings, and select the notification tone you want under Notification Settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz