Google Store downloads get stuck?

A

AC Question

I am having trouble with a new Tablet running 4.2. A few updates went through and downloaded no problem but about 10 of them are stuck with the downloading bar saying download and never doing anything. I have stopped all downloads and tried one a time. Some updates will get up to 50 percent and than stop. Ive tried download a few apps off Google Play and the same thing happens either they sit there with the download bar showing and they stop at anywhere between 35 and 50 percent. Is there any way to fix this? I have cleared the cache and confirmed download manager is active.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you clear the Google Play Store app cache, or the system cache partition? It may be helpful to clear the system cache partition, but not all devices allow you to do so. Which tablet do you have?

You might also consider selecting Clear Data in Settings>Apps>All>Google Play Store​.

Last edited:

Ziggymonkeybob

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Its a visual land 9D. I have cleared the google play store cache as well as done a full restore of Android back to factory settings. Still have the same issue. I am the one who asked the question. I just signed into an account.

Auswak

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I know it was quite a while ago this question was posted, but I will post a possible solution as reference for other users who may have a similar issue.

There is the chance that you didnt read the little piece of paper instruction included in the box that basically tells you:
** Goto to Settings -> Security -> Device Administration section -> Check "Unknown Sources" (Allow installation of apps from unknown sources)

This might take care of this issue.

Also from my experience recently, some large sized Apps/Games take some time to install, these can cause downloading of other apps issues as the install uses up the tablet resources.

Good Luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20