topze

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
My s3 fell from a long distane into d ground where some little water was...it could only soak the screen...I placed it on rice for abt 20hrs still doent switch on but whenever I connect it to my pc..the screen flashes for abt a miliseconds and its usb port and environs get hot

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums.
Unfortunately, I think the device is mechanically damaged to the point where it may not be salvageable. Or, if it is, it wouldn't be very cost effective to do so.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok..but whenever its being connected,the pc recognises it showing "usb not recognise" or "device driver was not installed succesfully"

That's a further sign of the internal damage.

And if the USB is getting hot from being plugged in I'd refrain from doing that as superheating batteries is dangerous.

You said you placed it "on rice." To be effective you need to take the back cover off, remove the battery, remove the SIM card, remove the SD card and submerge all the parts and the phone in rice. It should all be covered/surrounded by rice and no parts touching. Wait at least two days before putting the phone back together and trying it out.