Blank SD card (LG Optimus G)

A

AC Question

Okay so one day I looked at my phone and noticed that all my photos were not showing up or were defective. At the top I noticed the symbol that my SD card was damaged (no idea how this happened either). I tried reformatting it, and nothing. In fact matters got worse, because every time I tried to access my camera it would say "camera stopped working", I tried accessing my Settings and I got the same message for that. All my other apps (minus Facebook) still worked. So in panic I restarted my phone and lo and behold the apps started working again, with an exception. My camera would take photos and even hold onto them, but I could not save an edited picture (it would show up as defective) it also won't allow me save pictures from messages I receive. Now it says that I have a Blank SD card or has unsupported file system. In storage it says Mount SD card, so I'm guessing it's not even going through? Anyway I bought a new one, hoping that it'll fix the problem, but it didn't. I put in the new card and again my settings, camera, and Facebook app stopped working (even when I restarted it). I had to put the old one in again and restart my phone in order for it to work. I'm annoyed now because I bought this card (I'm tight on money) and it's pretty much useless unless my camera works, and not being able to access the settings for my phone is equally annoying. Anybody, know what the issue is and how I can fix it? I'll be leaving the States for a year abroad, I'm buying a camera but I want to be able to use my phone's camera (lighter and smaller to carry around) as well without having to be concerned about losing the photos.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Okay so one day I looked at my phone and noticed that all my photos were not showing up or were defective. At the top I noticed the symbol that my SD card was damaged (no idea how this happened either). I tried reformatting it, and nothing. In fact matters got worse, because every time I tried to access my camera it would say "camera stopped working", I tried accessing my Settings and I got the same message for that. All my other apps (minus Facebook) still worked. So in panic I restarted my phone and lo and behold the apps started working again, with an exception. My camera would take photos and even hold onto them, but I could not save an edited picture (it would show up as defective) it also won't allow me save pictures from messages I receive. Now it says that I have a Blank SD card or has unsupported file system. In storage it says Mount SD card, so I'm guessing it's not even going through? Anyway I bought a new one, hoping that it'll fix the problem, but it didn't. I put in the new card and again my settings, camera, and Facebook app stopped working (even when I restarted it). I had to put the old one in again and restart my phone in order for it to work. I'm annoyed now because I bought this card (I'm tight on money) and it's pretty much useless unless my camera works, and not being able to access the settings for my phone is equally annoying. Anybody, know what the issue is and how I can fix it? I'll be leaving the States for a year abroad, I'm buying a camera but I want to be able to use my phone's camera (lighter and smaller to carry around) as well without having to be concerned about losing the photos.

Hello!

How are you formatting the SD Card? Fat32? NTFS?