SG3 went dim after dropped in water

Katie Parker Banks

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I dropped my phone in the toilet. The case was on, so water on the outside was minimal. Took the back off and wiped off what water I saw and all was good. Several hours later my phone went dim, everything looks significantly darker than what it was before. Everything still works on the phone except for the dimmer screen. Is there any way to fix this without getting a new phone? I just had my phone replaced a week ago due to a bad port and now this happens. Please help! Thanks in advance.

Katie

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Try a screen adjust app in the play store. If the brightness is set to auto, and the sensor got wet, it may be registering as if it was in a dark room, hence the dim screen?

Katie Parker Banks

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I just tried a couple of them and it is only making my phone as bright as it will go as if I didn't even have the app. I think im doomed. Also, the screem almost has a slight dark bluish hue to it. I hope I don't have to replace it again. Thanks again.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Got could try putting it in some dry rice over night. Pull the backing and the battery and toss them all in and see if it draws out any remaining moisture. Might get lucky and it will work better tomorrow

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL