google play music and local mp3 files

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I recently subscribed to Google All Access. Does this mean that the ago can no longer read mp3 files on my device, which I not upload to the online storage?

L

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I recently subscribed to Google All Access. Does this mean that the ago can no longer read mp3 files on my device, which I not upload to the online storage?

L
Hi there!
The app should still be able to read music off of your device for offline use and you can store up to 20,000 songs in the cloud if needed.

Sent from my AT&T One XL

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I have about 2000 songs on my device but the only ones that apart are the ones I downloaded from Google All Access. And the ones I bought from them. None of my other songs show up.

I searched but did not find any .nomedia files. I did a refresh from the settings and still nothing. What else could be happening?

L

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so I have about 2000 songs on my device but the only ones that apart are the ones I downloaded from Google All Access. And the ones I bought from them. None of my other songs show up.

I searched but did not find any .nomedia files. I did a refresh from the settings and still nothing. What else could be happening?

L

Reboot the phone so it refreshes the list. That might work.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Nope, no dice.... Here is what I did: using a file manager, I moved all my files from my Music folder to my Download folder and all of the songs appeared. Just to be clear, I moved the whole Music folder, not the folders that were within it. So the structure itself didn't seem to be the problem.

I'll be darned if I understand what happened. I'll try to move the structure to its original location and see if the problem returns.

L

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Nope, no dice.... Here is what I did: using a file manager, I moved all my files from my Music folder to my Download folder and all of the songs appeared. Just to be clear, I moved the whole Music folder, not the folders that were within it. So the structure itself didn't seem to be the problem.

I'll be darned if I understand what happened. I'll try to move the structure to its original location and see if the problem returns.

L

Let us know if you encounter any more problems.

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
In fact I do. Even though I can see all my files in my library, when I try to play them it says "couldn't play the track you requested." It only plays the tracks that come from Google. This is really annoying.

L

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
In fact I do. Even though I can see all my files in my library, when I try to play them it says "couldn't play the track you requested." It only plays the tracks that come from Google. This is really annoying.

L
Do you have to use the Google music app to play your music on your phone? Does a different player do the same thing?

Sent from my AT&T One XL

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I don't have to use Google music to play, unless I wasn't too mix my music with the one from Google all access.

Anyway, I finally made it work by changing the name of my music folder from Music to MyMusic. Feels like a bug to me.

L

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't have to use Google music to play, unless I wasn't too mix my music with the one from Google all access.

Anyway, I finally made it work by changing the name of my music folder from Music to MyMusic. Feels like a bug to me.

L

Hmm, interesting. Well, good job on finding out! I know this will help someone else who might have this same problem.

Sent from my One Xl using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie