How to multi-task with a podcast playing in background?

A

AC Question

I just got a Galaxy S4 mini and can't figure out how to get a podcast to play in the background while I do other things. I'm using Beyond Pod, playing mostly in the external Sound Player, but as soon as I hit the home button, play stops. I've accidentally gotten to the home screen once or twice with it playing in the background, but have no clue how I did it. Been searching for answers, but haven't found any and am about to return the phone and go back to iPhone. Can anyone help? Thanks!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got a Galaxy S4 mini and can't figure out how to get a podcast to play in the background while I do other things. I'm using Beyond Pod, playing mostly in the external Sound Player, but as soon as I hit the home button, play stops. I've accidentally gotten to the home screen once or twice with it playing in the background, but have no clue how I did it. Been searching for answers, but haven't found any and am about to return the phone and go back to iPhone. Can anyone help? Thanks!
Hello! Welcome to Android Central.
I downloaded the Beyond Pod app to see if I could understand the app better to help you out. I just tried playing a podcast and pressed the home key and it is playing in the background. I also tried playing podcasts with an external player, and it also plays in the background. What are you using to play the podcasts? Try using the internal one instead.

Sent from my AT&T One XL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance