Annoying Google play problem

Jimmyeao

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
long time lurker, first time posting..

The missus has a nice new HTC One Mini 2, which has a really annoying problem with Google Play music.
She can see her library under 'All Music', but when she pins it to download, it just goes into the download queue and stays there, it never downloads.
Things I have tried so far:
Deleting all the Google play app data
Clearing the Google Play Cache
Removing the updates for the google play app
De-authorising the device and letting it re-authorise.

I have also emailed Google support, but figured I would probably get a better answer here..

Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen when she's connected to mobile data or wifi or both? If it's only on mobile data, then open Google Play Music, swipe in from the left, tap Settings, then uncheck "Download via Wi-Fi only."

Jimmyeao

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does this happen when she's connected to mobile data or wifi or both? If it's only on mobile data, then open Google Play Music, swipe in from the left, tap Settings, then uncheck "Download via Wi-Fi only."
THanks for the pointer, it got me a step closer, however now I have noticed that even though its on wi-fi, it will only sync if I untick the 'SYnc on WiFi only' option. Also, Photos wont backup, it gives a message saying not connected to wifi, despite the fact it clearly is..
Maybe a bug in 4.4.2 on the phone? I don't get this on my Z1 on 4.4.2...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21