Samsung Verizon Galaxy Tab SCH-i800 - Boot loop, can't load via USB

A

AC Question

Have a Samsung Galaxy Tab (Verizon) SCH-I800 7" that is stuck in a reboot loop. Searches/fixes for this issue seem almost common, but mine is experiencing this issue much worse than the others I've read about. Full charge, not plugged in; without pressing the power button, the device automatically attempts to turn on, the Samsung logo appears for 5 seconds exactly, it shuts itself off, the process repeats until the battery dies. Battery at all levels, plugged in; without pressing the power button, the device automatically attempts to turn on, an empty battery image displays for roughly 4 seconds and then a full battery (or current level) displays for roughly 1 second.

The 5 seconds while it is on, pressing or holding the power button has no affect. Pressing and holding the power + down volume buttons will display the yellow downloading screen, which displays "downloading.... do not turn off target" and yellow android sign for 2-5 seconds (depending on how quickly I am able to load it". While this downloading screen is displayed, pressing power, volume up or down do not have any affect.

When connecting the Tab device to a computer via the USB cord, the computer recognizes it for approximately 4-5 seconds, then disconnects for 4-5 seconds, repeat forever. The computer is unable to successfully install drivers or do anything useful in this short amount of time. The battery has been replaced as well as I thought that may be the issue, no change.

Any suggestions?