Nexus 5:Google now cards not showing. ' No internet connection error'.

Pranjal Ramawat

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Guys help.
Google now cards not showing.
My connection is working perfectly fine as all apps and everything seem to be working fine.
In fact both searching by typing in the bar or using ok Google hotword to search via voice is also working.
I tried rebooting phone, switching google now Off and On again which reset all my cards but didn't work
I even cleared Google Search app data reset my home screen folders etc but still no good :(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you tell us what device you're using? And which version of Android? Rooted or unrooted? Was it working fine before?

Pranjal Ramawat

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes.
Initially I cleared the individual app cache but that didn't work. Then I cleared app data of the app but that also didn't work out. Now when you suggested me to clean system cache partition I did that too by going into Recovery mode but it didn't help. Same error.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
It's definitely an issue on Google's end. I'm having problems on both my Nexus 5 and iPad Mini...

c6ieEHn.jpg

Tim Menzel

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
Same problem for me, for the past day or two.

I'm experiencing the problem on Nexus 5 (KitKat) and Nexus 9 (Lollipop), as well as NVidia Shield tab.

If I turn off the wireless on my Nexus 5, Google Now updates correctly. On WiFi, it says "no connection" even though I obviously have a connection. I streamed a movie using Google Play Movies, and I had no problems with a game that connects over the network. I updated apps on Google Play Store, and I browse with Chrome using the WiFi.
Clearly a problem with Google Now updating over the WiFi.

Tim Menzel

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
FIXED. But be warned that this enables the persistent Google Search bar on your homescreen.

Settings -> Apps -> Google Search -> Uninstall Updates.

Then feel free to install updates when it prompts you for them.
Apparently there was just a bad update.

WarioBoy

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
FIXED. But be warned that this enables the persistent Google Search bar on your homescreen.

Settings -> Apps -> Google Search -> Uninstall Updates.

Then feel free to install updates when it prompts you for them.
Apparently there was just a bad update.

I have a N4 running Android 4.4.4 no rooting and was having the same issue.
But I tried Tim's method. And it worked! Now I have Google Now cards working fine back again! Thanks Tim! :)

prodigalsanguin

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Guys help.
Google now cards not showing.
My connection is working perfectly fine as all apps and everything seem to be working fine.
In fact both searching by typing in the bar or using ok Google hotword to search via voice is also working.
I tried rebooting phone, switching google now Off and On again which reset all my cards but didn't work
I even cleared Google Search app data reset my home screen folders etc but still no good :(

I was able to fix the same issue with my Note 4 by clearing BOTH Google Search app data AND cache. I then had to turn the app off (disable it) then turn it back on. I did have to go back in and sign into Google Now but... IT WORKED!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21