Phone taken, make sure data permanently deleted???

ariat89

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy S5 was taken, I had deleted photos and text messages and disabled service to phone but need to know if there is a way to permanently wipe the phone or make sure deleted text and photos can't be recovered by who has the phone??? Can someone use software to restore the deleted info or is there a way I can remotely make sure phone is wiped clean or stuff stays deleted??? Please help!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Wait it was taken (stolen) but you cleared the text and photos before hand? That doesn't make any sense...

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The thing is, most of the apps (if not all) need to be installed and set up before things like this happen. Even as good of one a Cerberus, it still needs setup.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
How did you delete the photos and messages? If you used Android device manager or similar then it should be capable of doing remote wipe, so most likely you would be fine. If you are asking if the photos and text can be recovered after deletion, it is possible but pretty un probable as it is pretty involved. A common thief probably wouldn't bother.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol