What's the best phone

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi I need to replace my samsung s3 but only have £150 to spend any ideas on which would be best option I try to you my device to its max use the camera a lot, emails, games, viber I love being able to change layout like using go launcher and go SMS etc.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Madd54: Thank you for your app guidance, which I imagine will also be of interest to Sarwen28.

Ry: You show a remarkable knowledge of devices and I think this would be of benefit to many members. It would be good if such lists could be permanently accessible in a suitable forum for members' convenient reference.

Posted via Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Madd54: Thank you for your app guidance, which I imagine will also be of interest to Sarwen28.

Ry: You show a remarkable knowledge of devices and I think this would be of benefit to many members. It would be good if such lists could be permanently accessible in a suitable forum for members' convenient reference.

Just read this: The best Android phones | Android Central

The writers and editors here have way more knowledge than I do.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
David how do I access pm's

You won't see them on the AC App yet. You can see your messages on the main website or when using the AC Forums or Tapatalk app.
AC Forums app is an AC only version of Tapatalk, which covers a lot of sites.

Sorry I didn't get back to you yet about recommended apps. Busy, and no battery yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
What other forums are worth using for android apps and HTC desire 300? I am not sure what messages app is good the one that is installed on phone doesn't have much to offer on the customisation front!!

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
@Sarwen28, and @Belodion,
I said I would stick some solid apps here. These are pretty basic and minimal though.
There is a good thread in the Note 3 forum for apps. Look here again for a link. Sarwen28 I see you posted in the HTC desire but it's not busy.
Belodion I can't help you with the camera stuff but there are good camera app threads and a great how to guide for camera buffs from LunatiqueRob I will try to find and put here.
-------
My own recommended basic apps:
SwiftKey keyboard
Android Device Manager
GSam or Battery Monitor
Lookout Security
GPS Status (improves gps)
Color Note (I love it)
MS Office Mobile (free) + One Note, Outlook. com etc

Dropbox cloud storage (simple)
Earth
Tapatalk or AC Forums app
Evernote
Antutu benchmark (don't take it too seriously)
Speedtest (heavy on battery)

------
UK only:

GPS Nav and Maps
TV24.co.uk (for non Sky)
TV Catch up (live channels)
All BBC apps (iPlayer, iradio, news)
Booking.com
(Amazon +
Ebay)
Banking: Santander and Halifax apps are good for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Madd54: Thank you for going to so much trouble. I have captured all as screenshots...it took three...so that I have them for permanent reference, otherwise they'll disappear downwards with this thread. One or two of those you mention I already have, but the techie ones look particularly interesting to me. A great deal of enjoyment lies ahead of me.
I believe I mentioned somewhere, it may have been to Sarwen or even you, that one app I found useful, and obviously safe to use, was the BBC Weather. Almost unbelievably, the next day it started eating battery quite alarmingly, something it had not done before. Neither soft resetting nor a cache clear fixed it, and I've temporarily uninstalled it, also reported the problem via app feedback. Perhaps it's all the weather we've been having.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Madd54: Thank you for going to so much trouble. I have captured all as screenshots...it took three...so that I have them for permanent reference, otherwise they'll disappear downwards with this thread. One or two of those you mention I already have, but the techie ones look particularly interesting to me. A great deal of enjoyment lies ahead of me.
I believe I mentioned somewhere, it may have been to Sarwen or even you, that one app I found useful, and obviously safe to use, was the BBC Weather. Almost unbelievably, the next day it started eating battery quite alarmingly, something it had not done before. Neither soft resetting nor a cache clear fixed it, and I've temporarily uninstalled it, also reported the problem via app feedback. Perhaps it's all the weather we've been having.

LOL. I had forgotten BBC did a weather one. I had been using AccuWeather but I think it was causing problems with the GPS. Long story but GPS said I was in Paris quite a few times, same spot, North Wales and even Karachi, Pakistan. I currently use Yahoo weather, but maybe BBC may work OK for me. I see you settled in to the Nexus 5 forums. I hope the regular people there are as nice as on my Samsung Note 3 forum. Come and have a look there, always useful info, especially the older threads. That Q&A forum gets hectic huh. I need to jump off regularly as there's a lot I don't know, but it's a challenge.

(Don't miss those 2 links! :D )

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
LOL. I had forgotten BBC did a weather one. I had been using AccuWeather but I think it was causing problems with the GPS. Long story but GPS said I was in Paris quite a few times, same spot, North Wales and even Karachi, Pakistan. I currently use Yahoo weather, but maybe BBC may work OK for me. I see you settled in to the Nexus 5 forums. I hope the regular people there are as nice as on my Samsung Note 3 forum. Come and have a look there, always useful info, especially the older threads. That Q&A forum gets hectic huh. I need to jump off regularly as there's a lot I don't know, but it's a challenge.

(Don't miss those 2 links! :D )

Oops, I've only just noticed this post...I think the thread went right down into the bowels of the earth for a while. Samsung Galaxy Note 3, eh? I believe it was one of those I was looking at in a store yesterday, and posted a brief comparative comment about in my thread over in LG G3 forum....was very impressed. The only thing that makes me avoid Galaxies is that the button layout at the bottom is in exactly the reverse order to what I'm accustomed to, and AFAIK cannot be customised. But yes, I'll look in.

Sarwen: How are you getting in with your new phone?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Madd54: Re the links...yes, a vast ocean of apps lies before me waiting for me to explore if I will. At the moment, I'm still paddling about on the shoreline.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It depends on the screen size you prefer. Assuming you're not rich, and that you'd be happy with a 7" display, the Asus Google Nexus 7 has always seemed attractive to me....the later version, that is. I stress, the later version. I haven't got a tablet myself because I don't have strong wifi, otherwise I might go for that.

Sarwen28

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys qnd girls I have a question, what another you ask sorry but yes, I am having trouble watching my downloaded movies/tv programs from google play on my htc desire 300 I can hear thd sound but the screen is black? Please please any ideas??

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator: