How can I scribble over a Word doc or PDF?

A

AC Question

My job requires me to use the same forms for multiple locations. I have been printing out multiple copies of the form and them hand writing in my notes. After returning from the field, I have to enter the information into the web form for each location. Now the paper copies are useless and I have wasted a lot of ink and paper..and time.

I download the forms from my company website to my computer for printing. Some of these are Word docs or Excel sheets, some are PDFs. I would like to open the form that I downloaded and use a stylus to scribble my notes onto it then save as a new file. This would enable me to download the form once, use it as the base for 4 or 5 locations, then delete it after entering the information into the company web site.

I also have a couple of spreadsheets that I have made for tracking my own time, mileage, expenses, etc. I would also like to 'write over' these forms without actually editing them. I have some information that is on the form that I do not want to replace by editing, this is why writing over it has worked well for me.

I know I can download my files and the forms from the website. My question is how can I write over these forms and save them as new files? Is there a particular app that I should get to do this?

Thank you for your help.

Chris

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
My job requires me to use the same forms for multiple locations. I have been printing out multiple copies of the form and them hand writing in my notes. After returning from the field, I have to enter the information into the web form for each location. Now the paper copies are useless and I have wasted a lot of ink and paper..and time.

I download the forms from my company website to my computer for printing. Some of these are Word docs or Excel sheets, some are PDFs. I would like to open the form that I downloaded and use a stylus to scribble my notes onto it then save as a new file. This would enable me to download the form once, use it as the base for 4 or 5 locations, then delete it after entering the information into the company web site.

I also have a couple of spreadsheets that I have made for tracking my own time, mileage, expenses, etc. I would also like to 'write over' these forms without actually editing them. I have some information that is on the form that I do not want to replace by editing, this is why writing over it has worked well for me.

I know I can download my files and the forms from the website. My question is how can I write over these forms and save them as new files? Is there a particular app that I should get to do this?

Thank you for your help.

Chris
I like Kingsoft Office. It is a free (with a paid version) app on Play that even the free version allows you to edit many forms already made. This app can read many different formats, including most, if not all, MS types. I like Kingsoft so much that when my laptop trial period of MS products expired, I downloaded that to my PC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech