Where are Exchange emails stored when loaded on my phone

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy S2 with my corporate email (exchange) being synced. I am wondering where my phone stores those emails and attachments so I can view them when I am not able to connect to my exchange server. (like on a plane without Wifi) Does it store the exchange server emails locally on my phone or with my cell phone carrier?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S2 with my corporate email (exchange) being synced. I am wondering where my phone stores those emails and attachments so I can view them when I am not able to connect to my exchange server. (like on a plane without Wifi) Does it store the exchange server emails locally on my phone or with my cell phone carrier?
If the messages are stored locally then that would be in the form of a cached file. Where this would be located I don't know. And if you were able to retrieve it, I don't know that the messages would all appear as they would when you are connected to your exchange account when the data is re-established.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can view a local archive file when you're off-line. I don't think you can view current emails or attachments (unless you extracted the attachment) unless you're connected to the server.